Below are 100 of the absolute best leprechaun jokes guaranteed to tickle your funny bone! Leprechauns are a staple of Irish folklore and a symbol of luck, mischief, and gold. These little green-clad fairies have captured our imaginations for centuries with their pot of gold and magical powers.
Leprechauns make for great jokes and humor too! Their tricky nature, love of gold, and pots of treasure provide endless joke material. funny bone! Get ready to laugh your shillelagh off!
These short one-liner leprechaun jokes deliver quick laughs:
- What do you call a leprechaun covered in cement? A wee hard man!
- What do you get when you cross a leprechaun with a Texan? A pot of chili at the end of the rainbow!
- Why don’t leprechauns take coffee breaks? They’re always on wee-watch!
- How can you tell if a leprechaun is having a party? You’ll hear wee people music!
- What did the leprechaun say when he jumped off the cliff? This is the end of me!
- Why don’t leprechauns pay taxes? They’re a-voiding the IRS!
- What do you call a leprechaun who only eats meat? A little wee carnivore!
- How do leprechauns commute to work? On shamrock and roll!
- What did the leprechaun say when he farted? Sham-rocked ya!
- Why don’t leprechauns snore? They don’t want to disturb the wee fairies!
Longer Leprechauns Jokes
These longer jokes elaborate on the hilarious misadventures of leprechauns:
- A man captures a leprechaun and forces him to take him to his pot of gold. The leprechaun obliges and leads him into an opening between some roots in a tree. “It’s right down here; follow me!” the leprechaun says as he disappears into the tree. The man follows and falls straight down into a deep hole. As he lays on the floor of the pit, the leprechaun peers over the edge laughing. “You really thought I would keep my gold at the end of the rainbow? Too predictable!”
- Paddy the Leprechaun walks into a bar and sits down next to Seamus the Irishman. He orders three pints of Guinness. Seamus looks at Paddy quizzically and asks, “Why’d you order three pints?” Paddy responds, “Well, you see, leprechauns always come in threes.” Seamus laughs and says, “Oh yeah? Well, hornets always come in threes too. Look behind you.” Paddy turns around to see three massive hornets sitting at the bar glaring right at him. He quickly pays for the pints and runs out of the bar screaming.
- O’Leary the Leprechaun had the luck of the Irish until one night his pot of gold was stolen. He was devastated and offered a reward for anyone who could find his gold. For days, no one in Ireland could locate it. Finally, O’Leary turned to his friend Murphy the Banshee for help. Murphy thought hard and then advised O’Leary to distribute four leaf clovers around Ireland asking people to keep them for good luck. Within a day, a man arrived with O’Leary’s pot in hand. “I found this pot at the end of a rainbow. Came across a rare four leaf clover on the way and knew it must be yours.” O’Leary was thrilled to have his gold back thanks to his friend’s clever idea. The moral? Always trust an Irish friend in need.
Punny Leprechaun Jokes
Puns and play on words add a clever twist to these knee-slapping leprechaun jokes:
- What did the leprechaun say when asked where his gold was hidden? It’s at the end of the rainbow. I swear on my lucky charms!
- Did you hear about the leprechaun who went to jail? He was caught smuggling in a mobile pot of gold!
- What happens when two leprechauns get into a fight? You get a little green on green violence.
- Did you hear about the leprechaun who couldn’t swim? He drowned looking for his crock of gold.
- Why was the leprechaun upset when he got injured? He experienced a little pane (pain).
- Why did the leprechaun’s mother think he was selfish? He wouldn’t share his Lucky Charms with anyone!
- What did the baby leprechaun wish for on his birthday? Lepre-congratulations!
- Why did the leprechaun cross the road? His wee brain made him!
- How do leprechauns get drunk? Off irish whiskey and green beer – it goes straight to their little heads!
- What are leprechauns afraid of most? Shortfalls in their gold stockpile.
Knock Knock Jokes About Leprechauns
Knock knock jokes with a leprechaun twist are always good for a giggle:
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Warren. Warren who? Warren me before you take me to your pot of gold!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Irish. Irish who? Irish I knew where the gold was!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Abbey. Abbey who? Abbey leprechaun let me have some gold?
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Dewey. Dewey who? Dewey have to keep searching for the gold?
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Dwayne. Dwayne who? Dwayne the leprechaun caught you stealing his gold!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Doyle. Doyle who? Doyle know where the leprechaun hides his gold!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Howard. Howard who? I’m howard of your shenanigans, leprechaun!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Noah. Noah who? Noah good leprechaun would hide their pot of gold from me!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Tank. Tank who? No tanks, I won’t share my pot o’ gold!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Pot. Pot who? A pot of gold is what I’m looking for!
Q&A Jokes About Leprechauns
These Q&A joke formats deliver funny leprechaun humor through playful questions and answers:
- Q: What’s green and hides gold? A: A lepre-con!
- Q: Why was the leprechaun’s face red when he came home? A: He was caught green-handed stealing gold!
- Q: How do you confuse a leprechaun? A: Show them two rainbows and ask which leads to their pot of gold!
- Q: Where does a leprechaun take a nap? A: On a sham-rock!
- Q: What happens when a leprechaun falls into a river? A: He gets wet and ruins his lucky charms!
- Q: What’s the best way to speak to a leprechaun? A: Use short sentences so you don’t confuse their little minds!
- Q: What do you get when you cross a four leaf clover with poison ivy? A: A rash of good luck!
- Q: Why do leprechauns love to dance? A: They have a pot of gold to practice their jig with!
- Q: What did the baby leprechaun ask his mom? “Where’s the gold at the end of my rainbow?”
- Q: How can you tell when a leprechaun is about to pull a prank? A: He starts giggling and rubbing his hands together in glee!
Lighthearted Leprechaun Jokes
These gentle and good-natured leprechaun jokes are fun for kids and families:
- What do you get when you cross a leprechaun with a bell pepper? A little green bell!
- How does a leprechaun garden? With a Sham-rocker!
- What’s a leprechaun’s favorite kind of Candy? Gold Nuggets!
- Why did the leprechaun cross the rainbow? To get to the other side!
- How does a leprechaun answer the phone? Lepre-hello!
- What happens when a leprechaun takes a selfie? It comes out looking a little green!
- Where do baby leprechauns come from? Over the rainbow and down the shamrock!
- What do leprechauns wear on St. Patrick’s Day? Green from head to toe!
- How do leprechauns get around? On rainbow unicorns!
- What do leprechauns eat for dessert? Sham-rock candy and cupcakes!
Leprechaun Jokes for Kids
Keep kids giggling for hours with these funny kid-friendly leprechaun jokes:
- Where do leprechauns keep their gold? At the end of the rainbow!
- What happens when a leprechaun falls into a pond? He gets wet!
- How do you make a leprechaun laugh? With a funny little irish jig!
- Why couldn’t the leprechaun open his pot of gold? Because it was on lockdown!
- What happens when a leprechaun sneezes? Their little hat flies off!
- How do leprechauns get clean? By taking a lucky shower!
- What’s a leprechaun’s favorite snack? Rainbow cookies!
- How do you know when a leprechaun has been gardening? There are shamrocks everywhere!
- What do you get if you mix a leprechaun with a dog? A gold retriever!
- Why are leprechauns such good singers? They have high pitches!
Funny Leprechaun Limericks
Traditional Irish limericks get a leprechaun twist in these funny rhyming jokes:
- There once was a leprechaun named Tim, who kept his gold in a bin. He hid it real well, but he slipped and he fell, now his pot’s easy for all to get in!
- A sneaky old leprechaun named Pat, tried to tease folks about where his gold’s at. But he went and got caught, now his treasure is bought, guess hiding it over the rainbow was bad!
- A leprechaun chased by McTavish, was likely to soon feel his savagery. But the leprechaun’s wit, helped him turn the tables a bit, leaving McTavish outsmarted and famished!
- A leprechaun lass making some stew, added gold nuggets, thinking “this brew, will give me great luck!” But she soon was struck, by greed from the aroma – her stew swallowed in one greedy chew!
- There once was a leprechaun so old, no one thought he had any more gold, but under his hat, he still had a stash, that sneaky magical leprechaun never gets old!
Leprechaun Jokes for Adults
Leprechauns make for great adult humor too. Here are some funny leprechaun jokes with grown-up twists:
- Why don’t leprechauns ever get drunk? They’re always smashed on Irish whiskey!
- What’s the difference between a regular fairy and a leprechaun? One inch!
- How does a leprechaun feel after searching for gold all day? Lucky to be alive!
- Did you hear about the leprechaun who drank too much? He couldn’t find the end of the rainbow because he was plastered!
- Why do leprechauns make great lovers? They like to end every night with a little Irish cream.
- What’s a leprechaun’s idea of ambitious sex? Trying to find the end of the rainbow!
- Why do leprechauns make bad romantic partners? They always come up short!
- How can you tell a leprechaun’s been at a bar? There’s gold dust on all the little green bottles.
- What did the female leprechaun say to the male leprechaun? My pot of gold’s bigger than yours!
- What’s the difference between a regular bar and a leprechaun bar? The leprechaun bar always has loads of little green men.
Leprechaun Jokes: FAQ
Need more details on leprechaun jokes? Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: What are some good leprechaun jokes for St. Patrick’s Day?
A: Any of the themed jokes about leprechauns drinking, green clothes, rainbows, pots of gold, and Irish holidays like St. Patrick’s Day are perfect for the occasion! The limericks, puns, and bar jokes tend to go over really well too.
Q: Are leprechaun jokes appropriate for kids?
A: Many leprechaun jokes are kid-friendly, especially the simple knock knock jokes, Q&A jokes, and limericks with no adult references. It’s best to scan through any leprechaun joke list and choose the ones suitable for younger audiences. The kid’s section has several that are great for get-togethers with children.
Q: Where did leprechaun jokes originate?
A: Leprechaun jokes sprang from the legendary creature’s Irish folklore origins. The tales of leprechauns as tricky fairies who hoarded gold spawned endless joke material over the centuries. Their various quirks continue to inspire funny new jokes today.
Q: What makes leprechaun jokes so funny?
A: Leprechauns have lots of humorous traits that lend themselves to great jokes. Their Irish accents, diminutive size, green attire, gold obsession, rainbows and shamrocks, and mischievous personalities give joke tellers plenty of silly material. The jokes play on these classic leprechaun traits in amusing ways.
Q: Are there some leprechaun jokes I should avoid?
A: Yes, some leprechaun jokes rely on offensive Irish stereotypes, vulgarity or excessive drinking references. It’s best to keep your jokes lighthearted and avoid anything derogatory or crass. Aim for the funny puns, knock knocks, and limericks that poke gentle fun at leprechauns.
So there you have it – 100 hilarious jokes and limericks about those tricky Irish sprites we all love – leprechauns! From funny one-liners to silly puns, kid-friendly fare and adult humor, this massive list has something for everyone. Next St. Paddy’s day, you’ll be the life of any gathering with these comical quips. May the luck of the Irish be with you!