Laughter is the best medicine, and sometimes jokes can be so funny they bring us to tears! In this blog post, we’ve gathered 50 of the most hilarious jokes that are sure to make you cry from laughing so hard. From one-liners to long stories, these jokes cover a wide range of comedy genres and are appropriate for readers of all ages.
So get ready to laugh until you cry! Keep some tissues handy, because these jokes are about to make your day.
Everyone loves a good laugh. In fact, laughter has many health benefits – it can reduce stress, enhance your mood, boost your immune system, and even help relieve pain. While crying is often associated with sadness, tears of joy from laughing too hard can be incredibly cathartic.
The jokes we’ve collected here are some of the funniest around. Ranging from clever puns to long, epic story jokes, these knee-slappers cover all comedy styles. Some may make you chuckle, some may make you guffaw, but these 50 jokes are practically guaranteed to make you laugh so hard you cry.
So whether you’re looking to brighten your day or planning entertainment for your next get-together, this list of hilarity will have you doubled over in stitches! Get ready to read some of the most hilarious jokes that will make you cry.
Let’s start with some short, snappy one-liners that pack a punch:
- I asked my North Korean friend how it was there, he said he couldn’t complain.
- My wife told me to stop impersonating a flamingo. I had to put my foot down.
- I went to buy camouflage trousers yesterday but I couldn’t find any.
- I have a stepladder. It’s a very nice stepladder, but it’s sad that I never knew my real ladder.
- I’m reading a book on the history of glue. It’s impossible to put down.
- I told my carpenter I didn’t want carpeted steps. He gave me a blank stare.
- Velcro – what a rip off!
- The future, the present, and the past walked into a bar. Things got a little tense.
- I lost my job as a stage designer. I left without making a scene.
- Never criticize someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away, and you have their shoes.
These short one-liners and puns pack a fast, funny punch. They’re ideal for breaking the ice or lightening the mood with some quick humor.
Story Jokes That Will Have You Howling
For even bigger laughs, check out these story hilarious jokes that build up the hilarity:
- A man walks into a bar and orders a drink. Then he notices there are pieces of meat nailed to the ceiling of the bar. He asks the bartender what they’re for.
The bartender replies, “If you can jump up and pull down one of those pieces of meat, you get your next drink for free.”
The man thinks about it for a minute, then says, “Nah, the steaks are too high!”
- Billy was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, “If you kiss me, I’ll turn into a beautiful princess.” Billy picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week.” Billy took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to his pocket. The frog then cried out, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I’ll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want.” Again Billy took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, “What is the matter? I’ve told you I’m a beautiful princess, that I’ll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won’t you kiss me?” Billy said, “Look, I’m an engineer. I don’t have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that’s cool!”
- One day, a man went to a pet shop and saw a parrot for only $50. He wondered why the parrot was so cheap and asked the owner. The owner said the parrot used to be in a brothel and had picked up some colorful language. The man was okay with the swearing and bought the parrot. Once he got home, the parrot immediately started cursing up a storm. The man shook his finger at the parrot and said, “Now listen here. I don’t want any of that language in this house.” The parrot looked at him and said, “Alright, no more swearing. Changing the subject now – where’s the remote?”
- A priest, a minister, and a rabbit walk into a bar. The rabbit says to the bartender, “I think I might be a typo.”
- One day, a man found a lamp while walking on the beach. He rubbed the lamp, and a genie popped out and granted him one wish. The man thought carefully and wished for a road to be built from his village to the nearby city so it would be easier to travel between them. The genie nodded, then disappeared. But when the man arrived home, nothing had changed. The long and rocky path was still there, seemingly untouched. Angrily, he went back to the beach, found the lamp again, and summoned the genie once more. He demanded to know why the road had not been built as he had wished. The genie just looked at him and said, “Do you have any idea how long it takes to get road construction permits approved these days?”
- A doctor tells his patient he only has 24 hours to live. The patient is distraught, so the doctor tries to calm him down by saying, “May I suggest that you try the Great Wall of China? I hear it can be seen from space!” The patient happily agrees and goes to the Great Wall. Two days later, the doctor sees his patient in his office. Shocked, he says to his patient, “I thought I only gave you 24 hours to live… what happened?” The patient smiles and says, “I did go see the Great Wall, and you’re right, you can see it from space. And once you’re in space, you can go anywhere you want!”
These long-form jokes are sure to elicit deep belly laughs as the humor unfolds through the story. The punchlines are worth the buildup!
Clean Jokes for Family Fun
Here are some squeaky clean family-friendly jokes to make everyone from kids to grandparents crack up:
- What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop!
- Why don’t oysters share their pearls? Because they’re shellfish!
- Where do polar bears vote? The North Poll.
- What do you call an alligator in a vest? An in-vest-igator!
- What happens when you tell a joke to a kleptomaniac? They take it literally.
- Why don’t scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything!
- How does the moon cut his hair? Eclipse it.
- Why can’t Elsa have a balloon? Because she will let it go.
- What did one ocean say to the other ocean? Nothing, it just waved.
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
Clean jokes and kid-friendly humor like these are perfect for getting everyone giggling at family events. The puns and plays on words make these jokes fun for all ages.
So Bad They’re Good Jokes
Sometimes the corniest jokes are the funniest ones. Get ready to groan before you giggle at these “so bad they’re good” jokes:
- What do you call cheese that’s not yours? Nacho cheese!
- How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it.
- Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink.
- Why did the invisible man turn down the job offer? He couldn’t see himself doing it.
- What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
- How does NASA organize their company parties? They planet.
- What do you call a belt made of watches? A waist of time.
- Why is Peter Pan always flying? Because he neverlands.
- Why did the robot end his comedy show? Because his jokes didn’t compute!
- What did the scientist say when he found 2 isotopes of helium? HeHe.
The cringeworthy puns and overly literal interpretations are so bad you can’t help but laugh. Sometimes a little silly humor is just what you need to tickle your funny bone!
Staying up to date on current events helps these timely topical jokes hit home:
- What do you call a line of rabbits marching backwards? A receding hareline.
- I went to buy some camo pants but couldn’t find any.
- Elon Musk bought Twitter so now he can delete his own tweets when his stocks fall.
- With Netflix going up in price again, it really makes you wonder what Jeffrey Dahmer is up to these days.
- The poorly timed Will Smith slap has already won best original screenplay.
- We all get 24 hours in a day and Kanye West uses it to delete his entire Instagram feed.
- Currency inflation is so bad, I’m now asking for thoughts and prayers on all my birthday cards.
- I heard OJ Simpson recently recovered Kanye West’s stolen laptop. Hopefully he can find my golf clubs next.
- I bet Will Smith is regretting turning down the lead role in Slap Shot right about now.
Making light of what’s currently happening in the world helps us deal with the ups and downs of everyday life. These jokes about recent news and pop culture let us find the humor in otherwise serious situations.
Memes Brought To Life
Popular memes provide plenty of fodder for funny jokes:
- What do you say to comfort a grammar fanatic? There their they’re.
- A weasel walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Wow, I’ve never served a weasel before. What can I get for you?” “Pop,” goes the weasel.
- A firefighter rushes into a burning building and saves two people, then runs back in to save one more. He brings the person out of the building and realizes it’s Britney Spears. He goes back in for one last sweep and emerges carrying a baby. The media flock to him shouting, “Superman! Tell us what happened!” The firefighter replies, “Well, first I pulled out Moe and Larry …”
- A pirate walks into a bar with a ship’s wheel down his pants. The bartender says, “Hey, doesn’t that bother you?” The pirate replies, “Yarrr, it’s drivin’ me nuts!”
- Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven was a registered six offender.
Bringing popular meme formats into joke form gives these familiar bits of humor a new punchline for even bigger laughs.
FAQ About Hilarious Jokes
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about hilarious jokes that will make you cry:
Why do jokes make people cry from laughing?
Laughter triggers the release of endorphins in the brain which generate feelings of pleasure and happiness. When a joke is extremely funny, it provokes such an endorphin rush that it can overwhelm people and bring them to tears of joy and laughter. The mechanics of laughing so hard you cry are the same as sobbing from sadness.
What makes a joke so funny it makes you cry?
Several factors can contribute to jokes being hilarious enough to bring you to tears:
- Unexpected punchlines that surprise you
- Clever wordplay like puns and double meanings
- Visual gags or physical comedy
- Absurdist humor and irreverent subject matter
- References to relatable or topical subjects
- Building tension and suspense in story jokes
When multiple comedic devices are combined skillfully, the payoff of the punchline leads to uncontrollable belly laughs and tears of mirth.
Are jokes so funny they make you cry good for your health?
Yes! Laughter stimulates healthy physical and emotional responses in your body. Studies show laughter can:
- Boost your immune system function
- Increase oxygen intake and heart rate
- Release feel-good endorphins to relieve stress
- Relax your muscles and reduce pain
- Enhance your mood and psychological wellbeing
So laughing until you cry from jokes provides great health benefits as well as pure entertainment value.
What tips can help me find jokes funny enough to make me cry?
Here are some useful tips:
- Seek out jokes based on topics you find funniest
- Attend comedy shows or improv nights to experience group laughter
- Follow hilarious meme accounts on social media
- Swap jokes and banter with friends who share your sense of humor
- Try laughing yoga or laughter therapy exercises
- Maintain an open, playful mindset to find humor around you
- Give new joke styles a chance even if they’re unfamiliar
Are jokes that make you cry appropriate for kids?
It depends on the child and the joke. Slapstick humor, funny animal jokes, and other child-oriented content can elicit peals of giggles and tears of mirth from kids. But adult humor including vulgarity, dark topics, or complex wordplay should be avoided for young audiences. Know your audience and choose jokes that align with the maturity level of children present.
The bottom line is laughter is healthy at any age, so kid-friendly jokes that get kids crying with laughter have great benefits. Just screen content to ensure it’s age-appropriate.
From clever puns to long, epic jokes, we hope this collection gave you a serious case of the giggles! Laughter truly is wonderful medicine, and great jokes provide an easy way to reap those feel-good, health benefits. When you need a pick-me-up, check out this list and get ready to laugh until you cry.
Now that you’ve got some new jokes in your repertoire, try them out on friends and family. Or bring this knee-slapping humor to liven up events and gatherings. After all, the best jokes are meant to be shared – the more laughter the better!
So next time you’re looking for some side-splitting humor, come back to these hilarious jokes that will make you cry. Get ready to laugh your head off and keep the tissues handy!