In this blog post, you will find 100 prayers against anxiety that you can use to cry out to God for help and strength when you feel anxious, afraid, or overwhelmed.
Anxiety is a common struggle that many people face in life. It can manifest as worry, fear, panic attacks, and feeling overwhelmed by circumstances. While seeking professional help is often necessary, prayer can also be a powerful weapon against anxiety and fear. God invites us to cast all of our cares upon Him (1 Peter 5:7), find refuge under His wings (Psalm 91:4), and exchange our fear for His perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3).
Praying Scripture back to God is a great way to combat anxious thoughts with His truth. I pray these prayers would encourage you and remind you that you have a helper and mighty warrior on your side!
100 Prayers Against Anxiety That Will Strengthen Your Faith!
Prayers for God’s Peace and Comfort
- “Lord, I’m feeling anxious and afraid about the future, but your Word says that all who are weary can come to you for rest. Please comfort me and give me your peace that passes understanding.” (Matthew 11:28)
- “Father God, my mind is racing and I can’t seem to find calm. Thank you that you are the Prince of Peace. I ask you to slow my thoughts and give me supernatural peace as I fix my eyes on you.” (Isaiah 9:6)
- “Lord, I am feeling fearful today. I declare that you have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control. Help me to trust in your goodness.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “God, I can feel anxiety trying to take root in my heart. I pray that your perfect love would cast out all fear from my life. Thank you that your perfect love drives out fear.” (1 John 4:18)
- “Father, I feel overwhelmed by the circumstances I’m facing. I pray that you would give me strength and supernatural peace as I surrender this situation to you.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
- “Lord, I give you all my fears and worries today. I trust that you are in control and will work all things for my good. Please calm my racing thoughts with the confidence that you hold my life in your hands.” (Romans 8:28)
- “God, I ask you to fill me with your joy and peace as I keep my mind fixed on you. As I meditate on your truth, let all unnecessary anxiety melt away.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- “Father God, you invite me to cast all my cares on you because you care for me. I give to you everything that is causing me anxiety and worry today. I trust your sovereign control.” (1 Peter 5:7)
- “Lord, I can feel anxiety trying to creep in, but I declare that I have the mind of Christ! Fill me with your thoughts of peace and confidence in your love.” (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- “God, I ask you to guard my heart and mind from unnecessary stress and fear. When anxious thoughts threaten to overwhelm me, I pray that you would be my refuge and strength.” (Psalm 46:1)
Prayers for God’s Protection and Deliverance
- “Father, I declare that no weapon formed against me will prosper. You are shielding and protecting me. I am safe in your hands.” (Isaiah 54:17)
- “Lord, I feel paralyzed by fear about the future. Give me courage and confidence that you hold my future, and nothing can snatch me from your hand.” (John 10:28-29)
- “God, I feel tempted to catastrophize my circumstances. Remind me of your sovereignty over every situation and deliver me from irrational fears.” (Psalm 139:13-14)
- “Father, I renounce any foothold that fear or anxiety has in my life right now. I reject this spirit of fear, and I ask you to break its power over me.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “Lord, thank you that you have not given me a spirit of fear. I ask you to break all chains of fear and anxiety that would try to hold me back from walking in freedom.” (Romans 8:15)
- “God, I declare that you uphold me with your righteous right hand. You are my helper, my deliverer. Who shall I fear when you are with me?” (Isaiah 41:10)
- “Father, I feel tormented by anxious thoughts. I renounce all lies and ask you to silence the voice of the enemy with your truth.” (Psalm 23:4)
- “Lord, your Word says that your angels guard me in all my ways. Thank you for surrounding me with your protection. I choose to dwell in your shelter.” (Psalm 91:11)
- “God, please station your angels around me to guard me from all harm. As I keep my eyes fixed on you, protect me from the fear of what might happen.” (Psalm 34:7)
- “Father, even when I walk through dark valleys, I will not fear, for you are with me. Thank you that your rod and staff comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
Prayers for God’s Strength and Guidance
- “Lord, I feel weak and unable to cope with life’s demands. Thank you that your strength is made perfect in my weakness. I pray that your power would be on display in my life.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- “God, I am struggling with insecurity and fear about my future. Please empower me with your boldness and confidence, so I can walk in your purpose for my life.” (Joshua 1:9)
- “Father, anxiety makes me feel frozen and stuck. I pray for courage and boldness to take the steps you’re calling me to take, so I can move forward into freedom.” (1 Chronicles 28:20)
- “Lord, I want your perfect love to cast out my anxiety! Help me grow in understanding your unchanging love for me so that worry will not overwhelm me.” (1 John 4:18)
- “God, increase my faith in the midst of my fears. I know that all things are possible for the one who believes. Help me to trust you more than what I see.” (Mark 9:23)
- “Father, when I feel weak and defeated by anxiety, remind me that I am strong in you and your mighty power. Let your strength be displayed in my life.” (Ephesians 6:10)
- “Lord, I give all my worries to you today. In return, please give me your incomprehensible peace as I meditate on your promises.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
- “God, teach me to walk in your ways instead of giving in to fear or anxiety. Guide me down the everlasting path of righteousness, instead of the path of worry.” (Psalm 139:24)
- “Father, I know you have good plans for me, and not plans to harm me. Give me a vision for my future and how good you are.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- “Lord, your Word says you will instruct me and teach me the way I should go. I ask you to reveal the next step I need to take to walk in your freedom.” (Psalm 32:8)
Prayers for Overcoming Worry and Doubt
- “God, I cast all my cares on you today. I will not be consumed by worry, because your yoke is easy and your burden is light.” (Matthew 11:30)
- “Lord, you invite me to trade my sorrows for your joy. I cast off all heaviness from worrying, and put on the lightness of your joy.” (Isaiah 61:3)
- “Father, your Word says that the joy of the Lord is my strength. Fill me with your joy as I fix my eyes on you.” (Nehemiah 8:10)
- “God, my anxious thoughts are robbing me of joy and peace. I give them to you and receive your grace. My heart will not be troubled or afraid.” (John 14:27)
- “Lord, increase my faith. I choose to trust your plans and believe your goodness, even when I cannot see what lies ahead.” (Mark 9:24)
- “Father, forgive me for fretting about the future. I know that tomorrow’s troubles will be taken care of when tomorrow comes. Help me live one day at a time.” (Matthew 6:34)
- “God, I renounce doubting your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Fill me with childlike trust. Let doubt and cynicism be crushed by unwavering confidence in you.” (Matthew 18:3)
- “Lord, your mercies are new every morning. Open my eyes to see and be thankful for your faithfulness in my life.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- “Father, you are El Roi, the God Who Sees Me. Thank you for Your watchful care over my life. I find peace knowing You are working behind the scenes on my behalf.” (Genesis 16:13)
- “God, increase my appetite for your Word. As I fill my mind and heart with your truth, let all deception and anxiety melt away.” (Psalm 119:15-16)
Prayers for God’s Presence and Stillness
- “Lord, calm my anxious spirit with the stillness of your presence. Quiet my mind so I can hear your voice.” (Psalm 46:10)
- “Father, I feel frantic inside. Show me where I need to slow down, be still, and wait on you. Teach me to rest in your presence.” (Psalm 62:5)
- “God, when anxious thoughts fill my mind, I pray that you would open my eyes to see more of who you are. Surround me with your loving, powerful presence.” (Psalm 34:4)
- “Lord, you are my refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble. Help me run to your shelter and find peace in your presence.” (Psalm 46:1-2)
- “Father, thank you that your face shines on me when I seek you. I turn my gaze and attention to you. Let your radiance transform me with your peace.” (Psalm 31:16)
- “God, help me meditate on your unfailing love more than anything else. As I focus on your goodness, anxiety will melt away.” (Psalm 48:9)
- “Lord, nothing can separate me from your love. Anxiety rises when I lose sight of your closeness. Draw me near so that fear flees.” (Romans 8:38-39)
- “Father, you invite me to find rest under the shadow of your wings. I claim that promise over my life. Calm my thoughts as I abide under your wings.” (Psalm 91:4)
- “God, surround me with songs of deliverance from my anxiety and fears. Fill my heart with gratitude for your salvation.” (Psalm 32:7)
- “Lord, you are Emmanuel, God with us! Thank you for being present with me. I surrender all my fears and anxieties to you.” (Matthew 1:23)
Prayers for Battling the Lies of the Enemy
- “Father, your Word says to take every thought captive. I bind all lying thoughts sown by the enemy telling me to fear and worry. I tear down these strongholds in Jesus’ name.” (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- “God, your Word says that you have come to give me life to the fullest. Destroy any lies telling me that anxiety is “just part of life.” I embrace the new life Christ won for me.” (John 10:10)
- “Lord, cancel the voice of the enemy speaking lies of fear over my life. I believe your truth that your perfect love casts out all fear.” (1 John 4:18)
- “Father, destroy every lie that makes me feel distant from you. Remind me that I am seated with Christ in Heavenly places, safely surrounded by your love.” (Ephesians 2:6)
- “God, your Word says you will keep me in perfect peace when my mind is fixed on you. Help me set my focus on you alone, instead of my worries.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- “Lord, anxiety makes me feel I’m in this alone. Remind me your Spirit lives in me and I have supernatural power, love and self-control available.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “Father, cancel any thought or feeling telling me I cannot trust you with my fears. Enable me to pour out my heart to you and receive your unburdening peace.” (Psalm 62:8)
- “God, your Word says that Christ bore my sickness and pains to give me freedom. I reject any lie that anxiety and fear must dominate my life.” (Isaiah 53:4-5)
- “Lord, bring to my remembrance the miracles you’ve done and the battles you’ve won on my behalf. Destroy all lies that fuel my fears.” (Psalm 77:11-15)
- “Father, your Word says you’ve removed my fear and given me your Spirit of adoption. Let confidence arise today that I am your beloved child.” (Romans 8:15)
Prayers for Freedom from the Grip of Anxiety
- “God, I renounce agreement with the spirit of fear operating in my life. I break free from its grip and command it to leave me now in Jesus’ name.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “Lord, I declare that I do not have a spirit of fear or timidity, but one of power, love, and self-discipline. Breathe courage into me.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “Father, your Word says whoever the Son sets free is free indeed. I declare freedom from every chain of anxiety that would try to hold me back from walking in joy.” (John 8:36)
- “God, I rebuke the spirit of anxiety and command it to be silent in Jesus’ name! Let it bow at the name of Jesus. I will not be held in bondage by fear.” (Philippians 2:10)
- “Lord, you have not given me a spirit of fear or anxiety, but of power, love, and self-control. I command these spirits to leave my life right now in Jesus’ name. Replace them with freedom.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “Father, I renounce and break agreement with every word and strategy the enemy is using to fuel anxiety in my life. I shut every door he is using to torment me.” (James 4:7)
- “God, your Word says that Christ came to destroy the works of the devil, including fear and anxiety. I ask you to completely destroy the work of the enemy over my mind and body.” (1 John 3:8)
- “Lord, just as you set the demoniac free in the Gadarenes, I ask for freedom from all spirits of fear and anxiety harassing me. Let me sit at your feet in peace.” (Luke 8:26-39)
- “Father, I take up the sword of the Spirit and pierce through every lie or deception binding me. I cut through any ungodly soul ties fueling fear in Jesus’ name.” (Ephesians 6:17)
- “God, wrap me in the full armor of God and make me strong against the strategies of the enemy to cripple me with anxiety. I choose to stand firm in the power of Jesus’ name.” (Ephesians 6:10-18)
Prayers for Trusting God’s Character and Promises
- “Lord, when fears and worries threaten to overwhelm me, bring me back to foundational truth. Remind me that you are good, faithful, just, merciful, and loving.” (Psalm 100:5)
- “Father, you have told me not to fear, for you are with me. Help me remember your presence and redemptive power when I feel afraid about the future.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- “God, you invite me to trust you with all my heart and not depend on my own understanding. Give me childlike faith to trust you even when life feels out of control.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “Lord, anxiety rises when I don’t believe your promises. Forgive me for doubting. Increase my faith and dependence on your character.” (Romans 4:20-21)
- “Father, you have proven yourself trustworthy by demonstrating your power and faithfulness throughout history. Give me a steadfast spirit of trust in you.” (Psalm 78:4-8)
- “God, your Word says that you give me the desires of my heart when I delight in you. I set all my hope and trust in your unchanging character.” (Psalm 37:4-5)
- “Lord, even if the fig trees do not blossom and crops fail, yet I will trust in your provision and praise you. My hope is in you alone.” (Habakkuk 3:17-19)
- “Father, you are El Shaddai, the All Powerful and All Sufficient One! I can come to you with all my fears and find refuge in your almighty strength.” (Genesis 17:1)
- “God, you split the Red Sea before me and brought water from the rock. Remind me of your miracles when I doubt that you can help with problems that feel overwhelming.” (Exodus 14:21-22)
- “Lord, human help and hope will fail me, but your compassion never fails. Anchor my heart to your steadfast, never-ending faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:21-23)
Prayers for Renewing the Mind with Scripture
- “Father, your Word says to take my thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ. As I fill my mind with your truth, let your peace rule my heart and mind.” (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- “God, I commit to renewing my mind with your Word daily, so that your thoughts become my thoughts. Transform my mind as I meditate on your truth.” (Romans 12:2)
- “Lord, I want to think your thoughts after you! Help me take time to listen to your Spirit today. Open scriptures that will renew my mind.” (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- “Father, I ask for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation as I study your Word. Open my eyes to see more of who you are, so that anxiety will fade in your light.” (Ephesians 1:17)
- “God, when I feel overwhelmed by worry, bring Scriptures to mind that remind me of your faithfulness and sovereignty over every situation.” (Psalm 119:49-50)
- “Lord, every anxious thought is a temptation to doubt your goodness. Fill my mind with truth from Scripture that combats fear and unbelief.” (Matthew 4:1-11)
- “Father, your Word stands forever, unlike passing emotions and anxieties. Help me anchor my heart to timeless scriptural truth today.” (Isaiah 40:8)
- “God, your Word says that you keep me in perfect peace when my mind is fixed on you. Help me set my focus on you alone, instead of my anxious thoughts.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- “Lord, fill my heart with your Word as I sleep. Wash me in your truth while earthly concerns fade away. Let it soak into my spirit all night long.” (Psalm 42:8)
- “Father, I commit to reading my Bible before indulging anxious thoughts or scrolling on my phone. Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path of peace.” (Psalm 119:105)
Prayers for Trusting God’s Sovereignty and Purpose
- “God, all things are possible with you. Even when circumstances seem impossible, I declare that with you, nothing is too hard or fearful.” (Jeremiah 32:17)
- “Lord, you are seated on the throne, sovereign over every situation in my life. Help me trust your wise, loving purpose, even when life feels out of control.” (Revelation 4:2)
- “Father, you are able to do immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine. Renew my mind to understand your power and purpose for my life.” (Ephesians 3:20)
- “God, you are weaving everything in my life into a beautiful story for your glory. I surrender control, trusting that you work all things for good.” (Romans 8:28)
- “Lord, you are the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end. Thank you that I am safe in your sovereign plan that spans eternity.” (Revelation 22:13)
- “Father, you parted the sea and brought water from a rock. Remind me that you have supreme authority over every molecule in the universe.” (Exodus 14:21-22)
- “God, open my eyes to see and move toward your purposes for my life. Silence the doubts and distractions that keep me anxious and stuck.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- “Lord, you shut the lion’s mouth for Daniel and walked with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fire. You hold power over all things.” (Daniel 6:22 and 3:25)
- “Father, even the wind and waves obey your voice. Increase my awe and faith in your authority over nature, sickness, and all powers in heaven and earth.” (Mark 4:39)
- “God, you are good, faithful, loving, and true. I surrender every anxious thought to you and trust your sovereign purpose. Thank you for your steadfast love and care over my life.” (1 Corinthians 1:9)
By praying these prayers, we can find freedom from anxiety and gain confidence in God’s sovereign care and power in our lives. He invites us to come to Him with all our fears and burdens. He is able to drive out all anxiety and give us supernatural peace when we fix our eyes on Him. My hope is that these prayers against anxiety have encouraged you and strengthened your faith today!
What Bible verses help fight anxiety?
Some of the most helpful verses for combating anxiety include Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7, Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 94:19, Psalm 34:4, and Matthew 6:34. Praying Scripture back to God is a powerful way to replace anxious thoughts with His truth.
How do I pray when anxiety strikes?
When you feel sudden anxiety, try praying simple sentences like “Jesus, help me!” or “I need you, God.” Take deep breaths and turn your focus to God. Ask Him for peace, courage, and strength. Claim scriptural promises about His presence and power.
How often should I pray when anxious?
You can pray as frequently as you need to! Set aside regular prayer time in the morning, evening, and throughout the day. There’s no limit to how often you can turn to God and cast your cares on Him. Developing continual conversation with God is the key to overcoming anxiety.
What if my anxious thoughts distract me from praying?
When your mind races with worries during prayer, gently turn your focus back to God. Tell Him about your struggling thoughts and ask Him to calm your mind. Picture Jesus before you, ready to receive all your burdens. Let go of striving and let the Spirit intercede for you.
Can I pray against anxiety for a loved one?
Yes, you can absolutely pray for loved ones struggling with anxiety! Ask God to make His presence and peace real to them. Claim scriptural promises over their life. Ask others to join you in prayer for them. Your prayers can make a powerful difference.
What else helps overcome anxiety besides prayer?
Along with prayer, reading encouraging scriptures, worship music, counseling, decreasing caffeine, exercising, getting enough sleep, and finding a supportive community can help reduce anxiety. Be patient and keep your focus on God’s power and love. He cares about you and wants to set you free from fear.
I hope these tips help you use prayer more effectively to find freedom from anxiety. Please comment if you have any other questions! God cares deeply about your struggles with anxiety and wants you to live in His perfect peace. Keep fixing your eyes on Him through prayer. He will guide you continually and satisfy your soul (Isaiah 58:11).