Get ready to have a stompin’ good time with this collection of over 100 elephant jokes that will leave you laughing out loud! Elephants are amazing animals that have captured our fascination for centuries. Known for their intelligence, strong family bonds, and incredible size and strength, elephants truly are giants of the animal kingdom. What better way to celebrate these gentle giants than with a trunk-full of hilarious elephant jokes and puns?
Why Are Elephants So Wrinkly?
Let’s kick things off with some funny jokes about elephants’ iconic wrinkled appearance:
- Q: Why do elephants have wrinkled skin? A: Have you ever tried to iron an elephant??
- Q: How can you tell if an elephant has been in your fridge? A: By the footprints in the butter!
- Q: What do you get if you cross an elephant with a rhino? A: ‘Ell if I know!
- Q: Why do elephants have trunks? A: Because they’d look silly with suitcases!
- Q: What’s grey, weighs over 5 tons and wears glass slippers? A: Cinderelephant!
Elephants’ wrinkled gray skin helps retain moisture and keeps them cool under the hot African sun. But it also makes them look like they could use some ironing! Their long trunks are truly multi-purpose tools they use for drinking, breathing, smelling, grabbing food, and making noise. And with feet the size of dinner plates, you can bet elephants aren’t light on their toes!
Hilarious Puns & Wordplay
Get ready for some serious pun-derful elephant humor:
- What do you call an elephant that doesn’t matter? An irrelephant!
- Why do elephants have trunks? Because they’d look silly with suitcases!
- What do elephants do for laughs? They tell people elephunny jokes!
- How do elephants get down from trees? They sit on a leaf and wait til autumn!
- What do you get if you cross an elephant with a kangaroo? Big holes all over Australia!
- How do you fit 4 elephants into a car? 2 in the front, 2 in the back! How do you fit 5? 3 in the back, 2 in the front!
- What do you call an elephant in a phone booth? Stuck!
- What do you give a seasick elephant? Trunk quillizers!
- Why can’t elephants play cards in the jungle? Because there are too many cheetahs!
- Did you hear about the elephant that went to the psychic? It wanted to know its fortune!
Elephants sure have a big impact on humor! You won’t forget these funny puns and plays on words anytime soon.
Fun Facts About Elephants
Let’s learn some tusky fun facts about elephants that will help set up even more jokes:
- Elephants are the largest land mammals on Earth. African elephants can weigh over 6 tons! Talk about big boned!
- Elephants have amazing memories and can remember friends and enemies for decades. They never forget!
- Elephants communicate through sounds like trumpeting, rumbling, and snorting. You could say they really like to trunk their own horn!
- Elephants use their trunks like arms to pick things up. They can lift up to 600 pounds! No need to weight to get a hand from an elephant!
- Elephants eat roots, grasses, fruit, and bark. A fully grown elephant needs to eat hundreds of pounds each day. Good thing they never trunkate a meal!
- Elephants can live 60-70 years. The oldest elephant on record was 82 years old when she died. You could say she led a very long life!
- Elephant pregnancies last about 2 years – the longest gestation period of any mammal. The calves weigh around 250 pounds at birth! Let’s hope the moms don’t deliver their babies late!
- Elephants love to swim and play in water. Despite their size, they are very buoyant and can float easily!
Did you know elephants were such amazing and playful animals? Now that we’ve shared some fun facts, let’s get back to the funny stuff!
Elephant Size Jokes
Q: Why did the elephant cross the road? A: It was the chicken’s day off!
Q: What do you call an elephant all dressed up? A: Trussed up!
Q: What do you call an elephant in a phone booth? A: Obviously stuck!
Q: What do you get when you cross an elephant with a whale? A: A submarine with a built-in snorkel!
Q: How do you fit 10 elephants in a car? A: You can’t – the car can only hold 4 in the back, 4 in the front, 1 in the glovebox, and 1 in the trunk!
Q: What happened when the elephant sat on the marshmallow? A: It got stuck in the sticky situation!
Q: What’s the difference between an elephant and a plum? A: They’re both purple, except for the elephant!
Elephants sure are big animals, so it’s no surprise they make for some equally big laughs! Nothing brings the house down like a good joke about just how large elephants really are.
Stories, Poems & Songs
Let’s get creative with some humorous elephant stories, poems and songs!
A is for ample, that’s how elephants eat!
B is for big, from their heads to their feet!
C is for crying, like trumpeting sounds!
D is for drinking, with trunks by the pounds!
E is for excellent swimmers, they float!
F is for family, in groups elephants roam!
G is for gentle, they’re peaceful at heart!
H is for heavy, 6 tons is the start!
And so on through Z! An elephantastic alphabet rhyme!
How the Elephant Got Its Trunk (A Rudyard Kipling Classic):
In the old days, elephants had short, stubby noses instead of long trunks. One day a curious elephant went too close to a crocodile living in the river. “Come closer,” said the crocodile, “I have a secret to tell you.” The elephant got too close and – SNAP – the crocodile tried to bite his nose! The elephant jumped back just in time, but his nose was stretched out into a long trunk, which he then used to wrap around the crocodile and fling him far away! Moral of the story: don’t get too close to crocodiles!
I Love My Elephant Skin (to the tune of “Home on the Range”)
Oh give me a home, where the elephants roam
Where I can be wrinkled and gray!
Where I can spray water, throw mud ’round for fun
And no one cares what others say!
Home, home on the range!
Where pachyderms play and I can say:
I love my elephant skin! I’m happy within!
I’m wrinkled and I just don’t care!
My tusks and my trunk, they’re so useful you know!
I’m wise and I’ve got memories to share!
Home, home on the range!
Where the other elephants play!
I love my elephant skin! I’m happy within!
I’d never change who I am anyway!
Whether telling tales or rhyming alphabets, nothing beats silly elephant songs and stories!
Elephant Jokes For Kids
Now let’s get the little ones laughing with kid-friendly elephant jokes:
Q: What did the mommy elephant say to her naughty child? A: You’re grounded!
Q: How do elephants call their friends?
A: On their cell-aphones!
Q: What game do baby elephants love? A: Trunky tag!
Q: How do elephants keep cool? A: With ice cream and electric fans!
Q: Where do elephants go on holiday? A: To Trunktopia!
Q: What do you give a sick elephant? A: Lots of medi-trunk!
Q: Why are elephants wrinkly? A: Because they’d look silly wrapped in sara-phim!
Q: How do elephants get out of swimming pools? A: They use the ele-vator!
Even little kids will get a big laugh out of these cute elephant jokes!
Elephant Jokes For Adults
Now let’s kick it up a notch with some grown-up elephant humor:
Q: Why was the elephant arrested? A: He was caught using his trunk as a deadly weapon!
Q: How can you tell if an adult elephant has a cold? A: It’s packing a trunk-sized tissue!
Q: What do you call an elephant who never washes? A: A smellephant!
Q: How do adult elephants wind down after work? A: With trunkquilizers!
Q: Where do elephants go out to drink? A: To the local tusk tavern!
Q: How do elephants call their friends? A: HEY, TUSK FACE! Get over here!
Q: What’s an elephant’s favorite drink? A: Depends if it’s a girl elephant or a boy elephant!
Adults will appreciate the slightly edgier elephant humor! Bottoms up!
Elephant Pick Up Lines
How about some hilarious elephant pick up lines?
Hey baby, want to go on a date? I’ll trunk up and pick you up at 8!
Do you have pet insurance? Because I’m about to trumpet your world!
They say an elephant never forgets. After meeting you, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to tusk you out of my head!
You must be from Africa, because you are my Tembotation!
I lost my teddy bear, mind if I trunk with you tonight?
Want to go to the zoo with me? We could check out the reptile house together!
We should date, I’ve got over 6 tons of love to give!
Let’s herd off into the sunset together!
Ugh, those pickup lines sure were cheesy. But who can resist laughing at elephant romance?
Knock Knock Jokes
Knock knock! Who’s there? A whole herd of hilarious elephant knock knock jokes!
Knock knock! Who’s there? Aladdin Aladdin who? Aladdin the mood for elephun tonight!
Knock knock! Who’s there? Dishes
Dishes who? Dishes your new ele-friend knocking!
Knock knock! Who’s there?
Ivor Ivor who? Ivor you let me in so I can trunk up the place!
Knock knock! Who’s there? Who Who who? Cool it with the owl calls, this is your ele-pal!
Knock knock! Who’s there? Boo Boo who? No need to cry, it’s just me your tusked buddy!
Knock knock elephant jokes on all your pals’ doors and get ready for some hilarious times!
So Much Elephun!
Wow, over 100 elephant jokes and we’re still not trunk yet! These gentle giants sure bring non-stop laughs. With puns, funny facts, stories, poems and more, this collection had all kinds of elephant humor. Never forget the hilarity of these elephant jokes. Time to go share them with all your friends for more elephun!
Frequently Asked Questions About Elephant Jokes
Elephants are such funny animals that it’s no surprise people have so many questions about joking about them! Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are elephant jokes offensive?
A: As long as the jokes are good-natured and non-hurtful, elephant jokes are all in good fun. Avoid jokes that mock or belittle elephants.
Q: Where did elephant jokes originate?
A: Elephants have been figures of fascination for centuries, so joking about their large appearance likely began a long time ago! The wrinkly gray animals are naturals for silly jokes.
Q: What makes a good elephant joke?
A: Elephant jokes that play with puns, wordplay, elephant traits like their memory or trunks, size comparisons, knocking things over, or being clumsy are generally amusing.
Q: Are elephant jokes only for kids?
A: Not at all! Elephant jokes can range from family-friendly to grown-up humor. Just adjust jokes to your audience.
Q: What are some popular elephant puns?
A: Some best elephant puns include irrelephant, elephun, elephantic, elephino, elephact, elephriend, elephable, elephantly, and more!
Q: What are good topics for elephant jokes?
A: Great topics include their giant size, unusual features like trunks and tusks, big appetites, love of water, herd behavior, long memories, wrinkled skin, clumsiness, and sounds like trumpeting.
Q: Should I tell elephant jokes at parties?
A: Absolutely! Elephant jokes, especially puns and plays on words, are hilarious additions to any social event. Just avoid off-color jokes in mixed company.
The bottom line – elephant jokes bring people together through laughter. As long as the humor is light-hearted, feel free to share elephunny jokes anytime!