Farmers are often the butt of many jokes, but they have a great sense of humor and can take a good ribbing. This collection of 50 farmers jokes is sure to make you chuckle and laugh out loud!
Farmer Jokes About Their Work
Farming is hard work that requires long hours and dedication. These jokes poke fun at the daily grind of being a farmer.
- How do farmers party? They turn up the soil!
- What do you call a farmer who stands around fields all day? A crop watcher.
- How does a farmer measure how much milk his cows give? With a dairy ruler.
- What did the baby corn say to the mama corn? Where is pop corn?
- What do you call a potato that goes on adventures? An explora-tater!
- What do you call a cow that doesn’t give milk? A milk dud!
- What do you call cheese that doesn’t belong to you? Nacho cheese!
- Why do cows wear bells? Because their horns don’t work!
- What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A brick-layer!
- How does a farmer count a herd of cows? With a cow-culator.
Farmer and Wife Jokes
Behind every farmer is a hardworking farm wife. These jokes poke fun at the farming couple and their relationships.
- What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor? “Where’s my tractor?” What did his wife say? “What’s the matter? Can’t keep it in your pants?”
- How do two farmers get married? They tractor down!
- What did the farmer’s wife do when he fell into a well? She couldn’t get him out but she appreciated the well wishes.
- Why did the farmer’s wife keep a bucket of dirt by the bed? In case her husband came in half-soiled!
- How do farmers party? They turnip the beets!
- What did the farmer say to his wife during the tornado? “This isn’t the time to start har-vesting the crops!”
- Why don’t farmers get headaches? Because their pain thresh-holds are higher!
- What do you call a farmer’s daughter who can’t find her shoes? A misplaced Miss.
- What do you call a farmer who shaves 20 times a day? A barber-ie!
- Why do farmers make great dancers? They have lots of experience in crop rotation!
Redneck and Hillbilly Farmer Jokes
Let’s not leave out our redneck and hillbilly farming friends! Here are some funny jokes about country bumpkins.
- You might be a redneck farmer if you have more tractors than teeth.
- You might be a hillbilly farmer if you use a hoe for dental work.
- How did the redneck farmer find his wife in the woods? Irresistible!
- What do you call a sophisticated hillbilly farmer? Multi-ture-bread.
- You might be a redneck farmer if you rake leaves in your wedding dress.
- You might be a hillbilly farmer if you think a chain saw is a musical instrument.
- Why did the hillbilly farmer put duct tape on the toes of his boots? To keep his chickens from pecking his feet!
- Why did the redneck farmer plant okra far from his house? He didn’t want to be near okra-strich!
- You might be a redneck farmer if you fish at the creek in your bathrobe.
- You might be a hillbilly farmer if you think a chicken beak is lipstick.
One-Liner Farmers Jokes
Sometimes short and sweet is the way to go. These quick one-liner farmers jokes pack a funny punch.
- What do you call a grumpy rhubarb? A sour-puss!
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
- Why did the scarecrow get a promotion? Because he was outstanding in his field!
- What do you call a funny mountain? Hill-arious!
- Want to hear a joke about paper? Never mind, it’s tearable.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down!
- If athletes get athlete’s foot, what do astronauts get? Missile toe!
- What award did the dentist receive? A little plaque.
- I’d tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn’t get a reaction.
- What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese!
Corny Farmers Jokes
No farmers joke list would be complete without some extra cheesy and corny jokes!
- What do you call a psychic midget who escaped from prison? A small medium at large.
- What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
- Why was the scarecrow promoted? He was outstanding in his field.
- Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over the bay, they would be bagels!
- How do you fix a broken tomato? With tomato paste!
- What do you call a pig who does karate? A pork chop!
- Why was the math book sad? It had too many problems!
- How do you make a Kleenex dance? Put a little boogie in it!
- What did one ocean say to the other? Nothing, they just waved!
- What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common? The same middle name!
Farmers Jokes FAQ
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about farmers jokes:
Q: Why are farmers the butt of so many jokes?
A: Farmers are often stereotyped as backward, unsophisticated country bumpkins. Their rural lifestyle and occupation makes them easy targets for good-natured jokes and ribbing. However, farmers have a great sense of humor and laugh along with the jokes.
Q: Are farmers jokes offensive?
A: Most farmers jokes are lighthearted and not meant to be offensive. As with any stereotype, mean-spirited jokes that mock or belittle should be avoided. But jokes that poke gentle fun without malice are fine for laughter.
Q: Where did farmers jokes originate?
A: Farmers jokes likely originated back when agriculture was the predominant occupation. Urban dwellers enjoyed poking fun at their rural counterparts. The stereotype of the goofy, backwards farmer was fodder for jokes and comedy.
Q: What are some examples of funny but inoffensive farmers jokes?
A: Jokes that play on farming stereotypes (like redneck farmers or hillbilly farmers) can be funny without being offensive. Jokes about farming couples, animals, crops, and the daily grind also hit the humor mark without malice.
Q: Who typically enjoys farmers jokes?
A: Farmers themselves have a great sense of humor and can take a joke or ribbing in stride. Those in rural farming communities often tell self-deprecating farmer jokes. City folk may gently mock their country cousins with silly farmer jokes. But ultimately anyone can get a chuckle from harmless jokes about farmers.
In conclusion, farmers jokes let us poke gentle fun at country stereotypes and the rural way of life. As long as the jokes are not mean-spirited, they can be entertaining for farmers and non-farmers alike. This collection of 50 funny farmers jokes is all in good fun to make you laugh out loud!