I’ve put together 100 hilarious dad birthday jokes and puns that are sure to put a smile on your dad’s face.From cringe-worthy to cute and clever, these dad birthday jokes will liven up any celebration. Share them over birthday cake, include them in a card, or tell them one by one throughout his special day. However you decide to use them, this comprehensive collection of dad jokes has something for every sense of humor.
Let’s dive right in to the fun!
Why Dad Jokes Make the Best Birthday Gifts
Cheesy dad jokes are a staple in any family, but they’re especially fitting for a dad’s birthday. Here are a few reasons why silly puns and one-liners make great birthday gifts:
- They show you’ve inherited his sense of humor. Like father, like son/daughter!
- They prove you were paying attention to all his jokes over the years.
- They keep the mood light and fun on his special day.
- They show how comfortable you are joking around with your dad.
- They call back happy memories of laughing together.
- They celebrate his unique role as the family’s beloved jokester.
- They put a smile on his face and make him laugh – the best birthday gift ever!
So don’t hold back – go ahead and include plenty of groan-worthy dad jokes when celebrating his birthday this year.
100 Birthday Jokes For Dad
Let’s start off with some quick and clever one-liners. These short, punny jokes are sure to make him chuckle.
- You’re so old, when you were a kid rainbows were in black and white.
- Age is just a number. Too bad your number is so high!
- I heard turning __ is when people start forgetting things. What’s your name again?
- I hope you have a great birthday! Just don’t hurt your back blowing out so many candles.
- Congrats on being one year closer to getting that senior discount.
- You always told me drinking keeps you young. But I don’t think it’s working!
- I heard __ is the new 40. Oh wait, nevermind.
- Here’s a birthday card for the world’s best dinosaur dad!
- If laughter keeps you young, your age is hilarious!
- Hope you’re ready for some birthday fun, old man!
Puns on “Old”
Age is just a state of mind, but that won’t stop us from making some old jokes at your dad’s expense! Check out these clever puns:
- You’re not getting old, you’re just a little matured.
- Hope your birthday is boulder and bolder!
- Don’t worry about getting old – age is a case of mind over gray matter.
- May your birthday be more fun than stickingaround the old retirement home.
- Wishing you another year of good heathered hair!
- We go way back – like a senior discount.
- Hope your birthday is a bright spot among the gray hairs!
- Don’t worry dad, you don’t look a day over antique.
- You’ve still got it…it’s just all arthritis now.
- You’re not getting older, you’re just getting wiser. Oh wait, forget that one.
Jokes About Forgetfulness
One of the best parts of growing older? “Forgetting” things to get out of chores! Poke fun at your dad’s poor memory with these birthday jokes:
- Forget your birthday this year? Me too!
- I hope you don’t forget how to party on your big day.
- Can’t remember how old you’re turning? Join the club.
- I bought you this birthday card as a gift. Or was it golf clubs? I forget.
- Dad joke you probably haven’t heard: “What did the dad say when he forgot his son’s birthday?” No idea!
- Don’t worry about forgetting things as you get older. I forget stuff all the time! Like your birthday. Oops!
- Want your birthday gift? I seemed to have forgotten where I put it!
- Sorry in advance when I forget your birthday next year.
- Who are you again? Just kidding – happy birthday!
- A birthday cake will help jog your memory for today’s date.
Poking Fun at His Age
What better occasion to roast someone about getting old? Bust out these jokes to razz your dad about his age:
- You’re so old, your first pair of shoes was two Stone Age slabs tied together with vines.
- Don’t fall and break a hip on your birthday! Leave the wild parties to us young folks.
- I heard mom likes to turn down the thermostat to save on heating bills. Make sure to bundle up!
- Remember when phones had cords and TV was just 3 channels? Those were the days, right?
- Congrats on being able to rent a car without surcharges! Oh wait..never mind.
- I’m jealous – it must feel nice getting your whole body heat massaged in that big recliner!
- Don’t blow out too many candles, we don’t want to call the fire department…again.
- Are you sure you don’t want to just do a quiet dinner for your birthday? Early bird special perhaps?
- Want a fun gift idea? A drone so you can chase darn kids off your lawn!
- Make sure to take a nap after your big birthday lunch. You’ll need your rest for bingo tonight!
Jokes About Being Over the Hill
Once someone’s “over the hill”, the jokes just write themselves. Try out these funny quips about being past your prime:
- You’re over the hill? It’s more like a mountain by now!
- I hope your birthday is more exciting than watching the grass grow. Oh wait, you probably do that for fun.
- Over the hill? I think you mean under the dirt!
- Better enjoy this birthday, next year you’ll be so old you won’t even notice it.
- Congrats on cresting the hill! All downhill from here.
- You’re not over the hill, the hill is far behind you by now!
- Don’t worry about being over the hill. Now you get to pick up speed rolling down the other side!
- Over the hill? I think the hill collapsed quite a few years ago.
- You’re so old, when you went over the hill dinosaurs were still around.
- Happy birthday to someone who’s way past over the hill!
Jokes About Acting Old
Is your dad set in his ways, stuck on dial-up, and addicted to Matlock reruns? Then these jokes are for him!
- I’m sorry, I can’t understand your mumbling and grumbling – could you speak up?
- Is it time for your afternoon nap yet, or can you stay awake a little longer?
- I got you a book of sudoku puzzles as a gift. Don’t fall asleep doing them!
- This birthday cake recipe calls for prunes. That should keep things moving along!
- I’m glad I caught you before the early bird special – we can still party!
- I heard the new iPhone doesn’t have a home button. Good thing you’re still rocking the flip phone!
- Dad, stop calling me sport, slugger, champ, etc. You’re __ years old now, let’s stick to real names.
- I signed you up for an AOL account so you can get on this new internet thing all the kids are talking about!
- Want to upgrade to 8-track tapes this year? Cassettes are so outdated.
- Maybe you’re too old to rock and roll, but not too old to hip hop!
Corny Jokes and Puns
What dad joke birthday list would be complete without plenty of cringe-worthy puns and corny quips? Get ready to groan at these:
- You seem to be aging Gouda!
- Don’t get brie’d down with age – have some wine on your birthday!
- Have a grate day full of laughing and blue cheese!
- Happy Birthday, with Havarti wishes!
- Get ready for a birthday that’s legendary, Pop!
- Hope your birthday is as mature as an aged cheddar.
- Don’t worry about having one too many birthdays. It’s faeta compli!
- We camembert-ly wait to celebrate with you!
- Wishing you a stellar, muensterous birthday, Dad!
- You’re one of the Gouda ones, Dad! Thanks for being such a great father.
Your dad probably has dozens of catchphrases, silly sayings, and pieces of “wisdom” he loves to repeat. Honor his signature dad-isms with these jokes!
- “When I was your age….” Ah yes, the 1800s were so different.
- “In my day…” we rode dinosaurs to school, right Dad?
- “Kids these days…” have no idea how good they have it! Darn technology.
- “Because I said so!” Not sure that reasoning flies now that you’re __ years old.
- “When hell freezes over.” I’ll buy you long johns for your birthday in case that happens this year!
- “Money doesn’t grow on trees” – so I got you this fake plastic money tree instead!
- “Back in my day…” I know, everything was in black and white. Times were so hard!
- “I walked 5 miles in the snow…” yeah, yeah, uphill both ways. Tell me again about the good ol’ days!
- “You’ll understand when you’re older.” I think I’m finally old enough now, Dad!
- “Kids these days are so impatient!” Says the man who wants dinner 5 minutes ago.
Jokes for Outdoorsy Dads
Is your dad always out hiking, fishing, or grilling? He’ll appreciate these outdoor-themed jokes:
- New cooking rule: the grillmaster needs to be under 65 years old.
- Make sure to put on sunscreen before golfing today – don’t want that bald head to burn!
- Saw a big flock of geese today. Should I get your duck call ready?
- I know you’ve caught bigger fish before, but this birthday is still pretty great!
- How’s the hammock hanging, birthday boy? Don’t fall asleep for too long!
- If anyone asks, the best bait for catching trout is using your age as a hook.
- Let’s celebrate with a bonfire tonight! Grab some prunes for the campfire songs.
- Don’t wander too far into the woods today looking for snakes – we need you back tonight!
- I heard the hiking trail up the hill got rerouted to go around it. Way more senior-friendly now!
- Have fun golfing today! Be sure to steer clear of the sand traps.
Cheesy Dad Joke Puns
What’s a dad joke list without loads of cringey, punny humor? Here are some more groaners:
- Don’t worry about aging, getting Older is just fine with us!
- We got you a candle for your cake that burns for 24 hours – need all the help you can get!
- They say the mind is the first thing to go as you get older. Looking good so far!
- How are you today? Living the dream…or is napping your dream?
- What do you call an old dad? Pop!
- Every birthday you embrace your inner sage. Getting wiser all the time!
- Maturity looks good on you! Like wrinkles or liver spots, embrace it.
- We aged this wine just for your birthday. And by aged I mean vinegar.
- You’re not aging like fine wine, more like chunky cheese. Still just as good though!
- Happy birthday to my Silver Fox dad! Stay grey and grumpy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dad Birthday Jokes
Not sure if cheesy dad jokes are the right gift? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Are dad jokes appropriate for birthday celebrations?
Absolutely! Corny puns and silly one-liners are a staple of dad humor, so they make the perfect gift. Telling jokes shows you inherited his sense of humor and pokes fun in a loving way.
How do I know if my dad will like cheesy jokes?
If your dad frequently tells bad puns and lame jokes, he will definitely appreciate some groan-worthy humor for his birthday. It celebrates his role as the family joker.
Should I be concerned about hurt feelings from age-related jokes?
As long as you have a joking, lighthearted relationship, poking fun at your dad’s age will go over well. Just do so with love and avoid anything too insensitive. Focus on things like forgetfulness and set-in-his-ways tendencies.
What if my dad doesn’t seem to laugh at the jokes I picked?
Read your dad’s reaction as you tell jokes and see if some land better than others. Adjust to his sense of humor. And remember he used to laugh at your terrible kid jokes, so payback is fair here!
Can I share the jokes over text/email instead of telling them in person?
Absolutely! Written jokes can be fun for the element of surprise when he opens the message. Just be there to enjoy his reaction if possible. And follow up with a phone call so you can retell them together.
So don’t be afraid to get cheesy, corny, and a little sentimental by sharing dad jokes for his birthday. Laughter from silly, lighthearted fun is the best gift you can give.