You need to know that what takes a joke to the next level is when the punchline lands on an unexpected word or phrase – also known as the “butt of the joke“. This post contains 100 jokes where the punchline knocks it out of the comedy park by perfectly landing on the butt.
From hilarious one-liners to long joke setups, you’ll get jokes featuring butts that relate to school, animals, food, knock-knock jokes, holiday jokes, and more. These are sure to make you laugh out loud when the punchline hits the joke butt just right!
What Makes A Good “Butt Of The Joke”?
There are a few key elements that make a phrase or word a great butt of a joke:
- Unexpected – It’s not a predictable end to the joke, which adds surprise.
- Wordplay – Often involves puns, double meanings, or similar-sounding words.
- Brief – Quick, few-word butts allow the punchline to land crisply.
- Memorable – Sticks in your head after hearing the joke.
- Fun To Say – The phrase itself is amusing and fun to repeat.
So get ready for 100 jokes ending with the absolute best butts that will leave you laughing hysterically!
Top 10 Funniest “Butt Of The Joke” Punchlines
Let’s start with 10 jokes with punchlines that nail the “butt” of the joke perfectly:
- Our wedding was so beautiful even the cake was in tiers.
- Did you know the first French fries weren’t actually cooked in France? They were cooked in Greece.
- I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
- My friend thinks he is smart. He told me an onion is the only food that makes you cry…so I threw a coconut at his face.
- I’m reading a book on anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down!
- Have you heard about corduroy pillows? They’re making headlines!
- My boss yelled at me the other day, “You’ve got to be the worst train driver in history. How many trains did you derail last year?” I said, “Can’t say for sure, it’s so hard to keep track.”
- I used to have a handle on life, but then it broke.
- I was wondering why the frisbee kept getting bigger and bigger, but then it hit me.
- I once farted in an elevator, it was wrong on so many levels.
School and Education Jokes
Make learning fun again with these school jokes with great punchlines:
- Our teacher asked what is better – a good quiz or a bad quiz. I said, “A bad quiz”. She asked why. I said, “Because it has more questions!”
- The student came late in class and said, “Sorry I woke up late.” The teacher said, “It’s ok, just let me sleep now.”
- Teacher: Use “prowess” in a sentence. Student: “I prowess down the street.”
- My math teacher called me average. How mean!
- Student: Can I go to the bathroom? Teacher: It’s may. Student: No it’s January!
- Why do math books always look so sad? Because they’re full of problems!
- First grade teacher: Name something that has wings but can’t fly. Student: A dead bird!
- Teacher: Use “cryptic” in a sentence. Student: My dog has cryptic teeth.
- Teacher: If you had one dollar and asked your dad for another, how many would you have? Student: One dollar.
- Teacher: Glen, name five collective nouns. Glen: Wee, bop, shebang, flick, kaboom!
These animal jokes deliver the perfect punch to their hilarious butts:
- What do you get if you cross a cow and a duck? Milk and quackers!
- What did the duck say when she bought lipstick? Put it on my bill!
- Why don’t sharks like to eat clowns? Because they taste funny!
- What do you get if you cross a parrot and a shark? An animal that will talk your ear off!
- What do you call a congested turkey? A snot so berry!
- What happens when a frog’s car breaks down? It gets toad away.
- Did you hear about the horse that fell into the well? It was horseplay gone wrong.
- What did the baby corn say to the mama corn? Where’s my pop corn?
- What do you call a sheep covered in chocolate? A candy baaa!
- What do you get if you cross a rabbit with shellfish? A rabbit that comes with its own hare net!
Food and Drink Jokes
Food always makes for great joke butts. Here are some funny food punches:
- Why can’t you explain puns to kleptomaniacs? They always take things literally.
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
- Why did the cookie go to the hospital? It felt crummy!
- What did the buffalo say when his son left for college? Bison!
- Why shouldn’t you tell an egg a joke? It might crack up!
- Why did the baby strawberry cry? Because his parents were in a jam!
- What did one plate say to the other plate? Lunch is on me!
- What did the pregnant tomato say to her baby tomato? You’re ketchup to me!
- Why do cranberries like retirement parties? They are ready for the jell-ease!
- What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese!
Bad Wordplay Jokes
These groan-worthy jokes nail their punchlines using terrible wordplay:
- What does a clock do when it’s hungry? It goes back four seconds!
- Which U.S. state is famous for its extra small beverages? Minnesota!
- How do you impress a French chef? Say some really gouda cheese jokes.
- Why did the cookie cry? Its father was a wafer so long!
- Have you heard about the chocolate record player? It sounds pretty sweet!
- Why are frogs always so happy? They just eat whatever bugs them!
- Why are teddy bears never hungry? They are always stuffed!
- I knew I shouldn’t steal calendars, but the days just flew by.
- My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So I put my foot down.
- I ate a clock yesterday. It was so time consuming!
Knock Knock Jokes
Knock-knock jokes live for hilarious punchline butts. Here are some examples:
Knock knock! Who’s there? A broken pencil. A broken pencil who? Nevermind. It’s pointless.
Knock knock! Who’s there? Scold. Scold who? Scold outside, let me in!
Knock knock! Who’s there? Dozen. Dozen who? Dozen anyone want to let me in?
Knock knock! Who’s there? Cows go. Cows go who? No, cows go MOO!
Knock knock! Who’s there? Etch.
Etch who? Bless you!
Celebrate the funny holiday punchlines in these jokes:
- What’s an elf’s favorite type of music? Wrap!
- Why was Santa’s little helper depressed? He had low elf esteem.
- Why does Santa have 3 gardens? So he can ho-ho-ho!
- Why is Christmas just like your job? You do all the work and some fat guy in a suit gets all the credit.
- Where do turkeys dance? The butterballroom!
- What kind of key opens a banana? A monkey!
- What do you get when you cross a pumpkin with a tiger? A pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!
- How does Darth Vader enjoy his Thanksgiving turkey? He likes it on the Darth side!
- Why did Thanksgiving dinner take so long to finish? Because it was stuffed!
- What key has legs but can’t open locks? A turkey!
FAQs About “Butt of The Joke” Punchlines
Here are some common questions about joke punchline butts:
What makes a good “butt of the joke”?
A surprising word or phrase that packs the biggest laugh. Short butts are best. Wordplay and double meanings help too.
Where did “butt of the joke” originate?
This phrase dates back to the 1800s. It compares the joke’s main laugh to the “butt end” of a gun that bears the main impact.
How can I improve my joke punchline skills?
Study puns and wordplay. Surprise the listener. Vary length. End abruptly on the laugh-getting word.
What are the most popular types of joke butts?
Names, food puns, occupations, bodily functions, and ridiculously silly phrases that evoke imagination.
Should joke punchlines always land on the last word?
Not necessarily – great butts can land mid-sentence if timed perfectly. But end butts have the most impact.
Laughter is the Best Butt!
There you have it – 100 jokes featuring amazing punchlines that knock the “butt of the joke” out of the park! From quips on school and work toholiday puns and knock-knock jokes, these butts deliver big, hearty laughs. So memorize a few favorites to share and show off your awesome comedic timing. After all, laughter really is the best butt!