We have rolled up 100 of the funniest weed jokes to give you the giggles. Whether you’re a regular toker or just curious about cannabis comedy, this comprehensive collection has a nugget of humor for everyone.
Marijuana has been used recreationally and medicinally for thousands of years. In recent times, its legalization in many parts of the world has led to more open conversations and humor about cannabis culture.
A Brief History of Cannabis Comedy
Humor and marijuana have gone hand-in-hand for decades. During the reefer madness era, cannabis was portrayed as a sinister drug that could turn people into crazed criminals. This propaganda ironically led to lots of jokes that poked fun at the hysteria.
When hippie counterculture embraced weed in the 1960s, stoner comedies like Cheech and Chong brought cannabis laughs into the mainstream. Today, legalization has allowed even more comedians to openly joke about their love of leaf.
Marijuana humor reflects changing societal attitudes. While some jokes play on dated stereotypes, others highlight the benefits of cannabis or absurdism of prohibition. Laughter opens our minds and brings us together.
So whether you’re curious about cannabis or a dedicated dabber, get ready to ignite your funny bone with 100 herbally enhanced jokes!
100 Hilarious Weed Jokes
Here are 100 jokes of various lengths and topics to hit your humor hot spots:
Puns and wordplay are a key part of cannabis comedy. Here are some bud-related laughs using homonyms and double meanings:
- What do you call a stonedllama? A high lama.
- What do you call kief that’s covered in too much oil? Greece!
- What did the scientist say when he found two isotopes of hemp? This bud’s for you!
- How did the stoner try to impress the horticulturist? With plant puns until they got a laugh and realised he was ganja make her smile eventually.
- Where do babies come from in Jamaica? The stork brings them in a blunt wrapper.
- What do you call a laidback joint? A chillum.
- What do you call an uptight joint? A square.
- How did the hippie protest the herbarium? By holding up dank signs.
- Why can’t you trust atoms? They make up everything.
- What do you call a group of stoned herbs? Baked goods.
Short one-liners are perfect for sparking up quick cannabis laughs:
- I was going to tell a marijuana joke, but it would be just a pot shot.
- Did you hear the joke about the blunt? It was roll-ing on the floor laughing.
- What’s green and fuzzy and would get you high if you smoked it? A tennis ball.
- What did the stoner’s girlfriend tell him? I love you to blunts and back.
- My friends claim I’m addicted to weed. But I could quit whenever I want, I just don’t want to be a quitter.
- Why was the homemade bong so busy? It had a jam-packed schedule.
- What did the stoner say when he got on the elevator with Snoop Dogg? I’m so high right now.
- Why do bongs get invited to all the parties? They have good filters.
- What did the mother joint say to her baby joint? Someday you’ll be all grown up and smoked up!
- Why was the stoner late to work? They took the high road.
Let’s get specific with jokes about marijuana buds and strains:
- What do you call a grumpy bud? Sour Diesel.
- Why did the bud cross the road? To get to the other dab.
- What do you call a flower that’s in charge? The bud boss.
- How did the indica strain feel after working out? Totally body high.
- Why did the bud go to college? To get degrees (danks).
- How does a bud party? It tosses joints.
- What happened to the bud that couldn’t pay its taxes? It got blunted.
- How does a bud greet another bud? What’s up my sticky icky!
- Which bud is never in a rush? Granddaddy Purp.
- Why do buds make great boxers? They know how to roll with the punches.
Let’s poke fun at some classic cannabis character tropes:
- What do you call a stoner who smokes weed and does yoga? Namas-dazed.
- How do you know when a stoner has been using your computer? It’s covered in munchies crumbs.
- What did the stoner say when he got locked outside? Dude, where’s my car?
- How can you spot a stoner’s dorm room? It’s the one with Bob Marley posters everywhere.
- Why do stoners constantly dig through their couches? Because they keep getting baked and losing their weed again.
- What’s the only food a stoner will share? Forget-me-nots.
- How do stoners party? They turn off the lights and look at their hands.
- Why do stoners love reggae so much? It’s slow and relaxing so they can keep up.
- What did the stoner say when his friend asked him to pick up? Let me get blazed first.
- Why do stoners always read High Times magazine? For the articles, man.
Herb-inspired laughs using “pot” for wordplay:
- Why was the cannabis user a great cook? They had pots of experience.
- What do you call a grizzly bear with a bong? A pot-smoking pot.
- Why was the weed dealer such a fast runner? He was always high on pot.
- What do you call pot that plays guitar? A weed rocker.
- Why was the bud so shy at the party? Because it was a pot wallflower.
- How did the pot get a lower electricity bill? It found ways to conserve pot.
- Why did the pot think it could get away with cheating? It thought the answers would be pot-sitive.
- How did the lazy pot get chores done? By pot-poning them.
- Why was the pot proud of its rodeo skills? It could hog pot any competition.
- What happened to the pot that got too excited? It got potty trained.
Some extra funny jokes using “marijuana”:
- What do you call a blue marijuana bud? A sad indica.
- How does marijuana get to work? By taking the high way.
- Why was the marijuana so relaxed? Because it was medicaided.
- What did the marijuana say to the smoke detector? You’re tripping me out!
- How does marijuana like to dress? With weed robes and grass slippers.
- Why can’t you smoke anxious marijuana? It gets youpara-noid.
- What happened when marijuana went camping? It got the munchies for s’mores.
- How did marijuana know exactly what time it was? It was so blunted.
- What kind of car does marijuana take cross-country? A cannabias.
- How does marijuana stay in touch? It leaves bud sites.
Jokes about cannabis culture and legalization debates:
- How did the stoner feel about the legalization vote? They were having mixed amendments.
- What did the stoner say to their anti-pot senator? Don’t hash block marijuana legislation!
- What do you call twins who both smoke weed? Pipe dreamers.
- Why was the cannabis activist fired from his job? For agitating the drug test lobby.
- How does a stoner say goodbye to Snoop Dogg? See you later dab-ydab.
- What did the stoner ask Willie Nelson at the smoke session? When’s it gonna be my puff puff pass?
- Why was the Grateful Dead concert so smoky? The band kept playing hits back to back to back.
- How many stoners does it take to roll a blunt? At least 4 to be… blunted.
- What did the stoner say when marijuana got legalized? It’s about high time!
- How did the stoner celebrate when their state went green? Buy blazing up a fat one!
Pop Culture References
Marijuana meets movies, music, and celebrities:
- Why does Snoop Dogg use an umbrella when it’s sunny? Fo’ drizzle.
- How does marijuana make music? By getting a little dab-B-Q sauce.
- Why does Willie Nelson make great fertilizer? Because he’s an excellent pot aid.
- What do you call Cheech & Chong’s bong? A nice slice of weed pie.
- Why does Seth Rogen love weed so much? Because it gives him a Pineapple Expresses.
- How does marijuana get around town? By taking the How High-way.
- Why was Bob Marley blazing up by himself? Don’t worry, herb alone.
- What did Jay-Z say when there was only indica left? It’s a hard knock life without sativa.
- How does Wiz Khalifa stay balanced? By leaning back with that green kush.
- Why was Eminem so active? He was always chasing a gram.
Totally absurd and wacky weed laughs:
- What do you call a dog who smokes weed? A fried retriever.
- If laughter is the best medicine, what’s marijuana? Laughter’s best friend.
- What happens when you smoke weed upside down? You get high, man.
- What do you call a group of baked otters? A blunt of otters.
- How many pots does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None, they just chill in the dark, man.
- What’s a ghost’s favorite strain? Boo-diesel.
- What does a stoned spider make? Bud webs.
- Why was the blunt arrested? It got smoked.
- What do you call kief that escapes the grinder? A little dab’ll do ya.
- How does a stoned cowboy ride his horse? High ho silver, away!
- How do cats never get caught smoking weed? Because they have a purr-fect hideout.
- Why was the stoner looking down? They took gravity bong hits.
- Why do joints love reggae? It really sparx them up.
- What do you call a psychic stoner? A ganjium.
- How does a robot get high? It downloads Bud App on its circuitboards.
- What do you call a baked Transformer? Bluntimus Prime.
- Why couldn’t the pipe light the bowl? It was way too high on pot.
- How did marijuana discover electricity? It had a power plant.
- What do you call kief that escapes the bowl? Casper the Doped Ghost.
- Why was the stoner late to 4/20 celebrations? Because they already smoked today.
FAQs About Weed Humor
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about cannabis comedy:
Why do people make jokes about weed?
Marijuana humor reflects our fascination with cannabis culture. Comedy often focuses on taboo topics, so jokes naturally emerged once weed became mainstream. Laughing reduces social stigma and allows more open discussion.
What are the most popular targets for marijuana jokes?
The silly stereotypes of lazy, forgetful stoners are endless fodder for jokes. Puns using homonyms like “pot,” “dope,” and “stoned” are also very common. Absurd scenarios provide lots of improv-style cannabis comedy as well.
Do weed jokes promote substance abuse?
Not necessarily. While some criticize stoner jokes as glorifying drugs, comedy simply reflects reality. Most marijuana humor pokes fun at the herb rather than promoting irresponsible use. Laughter often requires taking a step back from assumptions.
Are weed jokes offensive?
Some jokes based on racial stereotypes or mocking addiction can be offensive. So can outdated “reefer madness” portrayals of cannabis causing insanity and violence. But clever puns and satire of prohibition laws are generally harmless when consumed in moderation. As with actual marijuana, it’s all about appropriate use.
Is weed humor niche or mainstream?
As legalization spreads globally, cannabis references are becoming more common in pop culture. However, more niche jokes and slang may go over the heads of non-users. Comedians walk a line between inside jokes for stoners and accessible humor everyone can enjoy.
Lighting Up Laughter
Hopefully these 100 herbally enhanced jokes sparked up some marijuana mirth! Whether you’re a dedicated dabber or just curious about cannabis comedy, this comprehensive collection had a nugget of humor for everyone.
The history of cannabis and comedy are tightly intertwined. As laws and attitudes evolve, so does the humor. But certain classic tropes—forgetful stoners, paranoid pot puns, reggae references—will likely stay funny for generations to come.
So take these nugs of laughter along wherever you go. And remember: life’s a little better when you’re laughing (and maybe a little buzzed too). Keep spreading the cannabis cheer!