Laughter is the best medicine, and what better way to get your daily dose than with these 100 hilarious animal jokes! Whether you love cats, dogs, cows, or chickens, this comprehensive list has funny jokes about all creatures great and small that are sure to make you chuckle.
Why Do Animals Make Such Great Comedy?
Animals are a comedy goldmine for several reasons:
- Their quirky behaviors and mannerisms are inherently humorous. A dog chasing its tail or a cow mooing loudly can lighten anyone’s mood.
- They can be used for hilarious wordplay and puns. Animal names like cheetah and falcon make for great joke setups.
- We anthropomorphize them and imagine how humans would act in funny animal situations. What if a parrot ran for president or a cat opened a pizza shop? The possibilities are endless!
- They act unpredictably in ways that surprise us. You never know when a squirrel might start vigorously burying a nut or a raccoon will wash its food.
- Many have signature sounds that are perfect for punchlines. The classic “moo” of a cow or “quack” of a duck never gets old.
So without further ado, read on for 100 animal jokes that will have you roaring with laughter!
Animal Jokes About Cats
Cats make for classic comedy. Whether it’s their diva attitude, playful purring, or hilarious hairballs, who doesn’t love a good cat joke?
1. What do cats like to eat for breakfast? Mice Krispies!
2. Why don’t cats play poker in the jungle? Too many cheetahs!
3. Did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of yarn? She had mittens!
4. What do you call a pile of kittens? A meowntain!
5. Why did the cat run from the tree? It was afraid of the bark!
6. How do cats end a fight? They hiss and make up!
7. What do you call a cat that gets anything it wants? Purr-suasive!
8. What do you call a cat that lives in an igloo? An eskimew!
9. Why are cats bad storytellers? They only have one tale!
10. What do you call a cat that loves to be cleaned? A bath-it!
Funny Dog Jokes That Will Have You Howling
Our canine companions are comedy gold with their silly antics, goofy grins, and endless energy. Get ready to howl with laughter at these hilarious dog jokes!
11. What do you get when you cross a dog and a calculator? A friend you can count on!
12. Did you hear about the hungry dog? He was a little husky!
13. Why do dogs wag their tails? Because no one else will do it for them!
14. What do you get when you cross a dog with a phone? A golden receiver!
15. Why don’t dogs make good dancers? They have two left feet!
16. What did the dog say when he sat on sandpaper? Ruff!
17. How does a dog stop a video? He presses the paws button!
18. What did the dog say when he rubbed his tail on the sandpaper? It Hertz!
19. Why don’t dogs like taking photos? They can’t find their barks!
20. What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador!
Silly Cow Jokes That Will Tickle Your Funny Bone
Cows are known for their docile nature and goofy “moos” that make for some truly hilarious jokes. Get ready to chuckle at these udderly funny cow jokes!
21. What do you call a cow in an earthquake? A milkshake!
22. Where do cows go on Friday nights? To the moo-vies!
23. What do you call a cow that cuts the grass? A lawn moo-er!
24. Why don’t cows have any money? Because farmers milk them dry!
25. What do you call a cow that plays guitar? A moo-sician!
26. What do you call a grumpy cow? Moo-dy!
27. Why do cows wear bells? Because their horns don’t work!
28. What do you call a cow who works for a gardening company? A lawn moo-er!
29. What do you call a cow that’s just given birth? De-calf-inated!
30. Why don’t cows ever have enough money? Because farmers milk them dry!
Funny Chicken Jokes To Crack You Up
From crossing roads to laying eggs, chickens are quirky birds that make for some egg-cellent comedy. Get ready to cackle at these funny chicken jokes!
31. Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide!
32. What do you call a rooster staring at a lettuce? A chicken sees a salad!
33. Why did the chicken cross the road halfway? She wanted to lay it on the line!
34. Why did the chicken sit on a tomahawk? To hatchet!
35. Which side of the chicken has the most feathers? The outside!
36. What do you call a chicken staring at lettuce? Chicken sees a salad!
37. What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A brick-layer!
38. Why did the chicken cross the road, roll in mud, then cross back? Because he wanted to dirty double cross!
39. What do you call a crazy chicken? A cuckoo cluck!
40. Why did the chicken stop crossing the road? He wasn’t egger to get to the other side!
Hilarious Animal Jokes About Sheep, Pigs, and Other Barnyard Friends
Sheep, pigs, and other barnyard critters also make for some great comedy fodder. Get ready to chuckle at these funny farm animal jokes!
41. What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop!
42. Why are pigs so messy? They wallow in the mud!
43. How do sheep get clean? They take a baaaaath!
44. What do you get if you cross a sheep dog with a rose? A collie-flower!
45. What do you call a pig with laryngitis? Disgruntled!
46. Why do pigs love video games? They’re very hog-tive!
47. What do you call a pig that knows karate? A pork chop!
48. What do you get if you cross a sheep and a kangaroo? A woolly jumper!
49. Why are pigs so good at football? Because they’re really good at hogging the ball!
50. How did the pig get to the hospital? In a hambulance!
Funny Animal Jokes About Birds
From pecking worms to migrating south, birds make for some seriously funny punchlines. Get ready to cackle at these bird jokes that will have you chirping with laughter!
51. Where do birds go for a drink? To the crow-bar!
52. What happens when ducks hear a good joke? They quack up!
53. Why are ostriches so good at basketball? They can dunk!
54. What’s a bird’s favorite dessert? Peach cobbler!
55. Why did the pelican get kicked out of the restaurant? He had a big bill!
56. How do birds communicate? They owl each other!
57. What kind of photos do hummingbirds take? Close-ups!
58. What do you call a bird in the wintertime? A brrr-d!
59. Why do birds fly south in the winter? It’s easier than walking!
60. What do you call a group of crows? Attempted murder!
Funny Animal Puns That Will Crack You Up
Puns and wordplay using animal names never get old. Get ready for some howlingly funny animal puns!
61. What do you call bears with no ears? B!
62. Did you hear about the hungry jaguar? He was ready to pounce!
63. What do you call a deer with no eyes? No-eye deer!
64. Why don’t elephants ride bicycles? They don’t have thumbs to ring the bell!
65. What’s the difference between a guitar and a fish? You can’t tuna fish!
66. Did you hear about the skunk who went to church? He had his own pew!
67. Why can’t you play cards in the jungle? Too many cheetahs!
68. How do sheep get their hair cut? They get it sheared!
69. What do you get if you cross a parrot and a shark? An animal that talks your ear off!
70. What do you call a sleeping bull? A bull-dozer!
Funny Animal Jokes for Kids
Getting kids to giggle is easy with these funny, kid-friendly animal jokes about our furry, feathery, and scaly friends!
71. What is a frog’s favorite outdoor sport? Fly fishing!
72. How do elephants call each other? On their trunk-phones!
73. What do you get if you cross a frog and a dog? A croaker spaniel!
74. Why are fish so smart? They live in schools!
75. What do you call a funny mountain goat? A hill-arious goat!
76. What do you call a beehive without an exit? Un-bee-lievable!
77. Why don’t sharks like basketball players? They’re too chewy!
78. What do you get if you cross a bunny and an alligator? An allegator!
79. How do you fit a book about elephants in your backpack? Take out the g and put in an r!
80. What does a spider do on the computer? Make a website!
Silly Animal Tongue Twisters to Tickle Your Tongue
Tongue twisters take these animal jokes to the next level with try-to-say-it-three-times-fast comedy. See if you can get through these without twisting your tongue!
81. She sells seashells by the seashore.
82. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
83. Big black bugs bleed blue black blood.
84. I saw Susie sitting in a shoeshine shop.
85. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
86. Red lorry, yellow lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry.
87. Unique New York. Unique New York. Unique New York.
88. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
89. Betty Botter bought some butter but she said the butter’s bitter.
90. Fish lips sit on lily pads slick with morning dew.
Funny One-Liners for Quick Laughs
Keep the laughs coming with these short, snappy, and side-splitting animal one-liners!
91. Why did the pony have a sore throat? He was a little horse!
92. What do you call a blind dinosaur? A do-you-think-he-saurus!
93. Why don’t lobsters share? Because they’re shellfish!
94. What do you call a funny goat? A humorous billy!
95. How does a dog stop a video? He presses the paws button!
96. What do you get when you cross a lion and a chicken? Lion feathers all over the floor!
97. How do lions greet each other? Pleased to eat you!
98. Why don’t oysters share their pearls? Because they’re shellfish!
99. How do you weigh a millipede? One leg at a time!
100. What do you get if you cross a centipede with a parrot? A walkie-talkie!
Frequently Asked Questions About Animal Jokes
Need more animal humor? Here are answers to some common questions about these hilarious critter jokes.
What are the funniest animal jokes of all time?
Though subjective, many consider “Why did the chicken cross the road?” to be one of the funniest animal jokes ever. Anti-humor chicken crossing jokes remain enduring classics.
What animal is the funniest in jokes?
Dogs and cats are arguably the animals that show up most in funny jokes. Their quirky personalities make dogs and cats comedy gold. That said, almost any animal from aardvarks to zebras can make for funny punchlines.
Why are animal jokes so funny?
Animal jokes are hilarious because animals make us laugh. Their silly sounds, funky features, and quirky behaviors are inherently humorous. Funny animal jokes exaggerate these eccentricities to comic effect.
What makes a good animal joke?
Great animal jokes often anthropomorphize animals, use funny animal puns, feature animals with distinctive traits, or put creatures in absurd situations. Clever wordplay and unexpected endings also make for good animal joke telling.
What are some kid friendly animal jokes?
Kid friendly animal jokes include lighthearted knock knock jokes, cute tongue twisters, silly puns, and clean humor like “why did the chicken/cow/pig cross the road” crossers. Jokes featuring talking animals or baby animal names also bring the cute factor.
What are the best animal jokes to tell?
Some of the best animal jokes to tell include ones that play on an animal’s signature sounds, traits, or behaviors. Timeless classics like “why did the chicken cross the road?” or cow puns based on “moo” never get old. Jokes with surprising punchlines or hilarious imagery stick in people’s minds.
Funny Animals Provide Endless Comedy
Whether it’s a yak in yodeling class or an alligator who’s a great appetizer, animals provide endless fodder for funny jokes. Keep the laughs coming by telling these 100 animal jokes anytime you need a pick me up. Laughter truly is the best medicine, so go ahead and crack yourself up sharing these silly jokes about our furry, feathery, and scaly friends near and far!