What better way to kick off your weekend than with some hilarious Friday jokes? We’ve rounded up 50 Friday jokes that will have you and your colleagues laughing out loud. From lighthearted jabs about the workweek to funny quips about the weekend, these Friday jokes are sure to turn any frown upside down.
So grab a cup of coffee, gather your coworkers around the water cooler, and get ready to LOL with these funny Friday jokes you’ve likely never heard before!
1. Why was the math book sad? Because it had too many problems!
Let’s start off with a groan-worthy math joke we all heard in elementary school. But hey, it’s Friday – time to let our inner child out!
2. What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
Doggone it, the weekend is here! Let the dog puns begin.
3. Did you hear the joke about the roof? Never mind, it’s over your head!
This silly joke reminds us to keep the humor light and not take ourselves too seriously. TGIF!
4. Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over the bay, they’d be bagels!
Lame food puns for the win! Get ready for more as the weekend nears.
5. What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta!
Carb loading starts now – no more sad desk salads. This weekend, we feast!
6. I was wondering why the frisbee kept getting bigger and bigger, but then it hit me.
Weekend time = more time for outdoor activities and sports! Let’s get out there and have some fun.
7. Why don’t eggs tell jokes? They’d crack each other up.
Nothing wrong with a little weekend brunch complete with egg-cellent jokes!
8. Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He’s lucky it was a soft drink!
Well that joke was soda pressing! We can do better…
9. What’s the best thing about Switzerland? I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus!
Geographically-themed jokes for the win! Only two more days until adventure.
10. I went to buy some camo pants but I couldn’t find any.
TGIF – time to bust out those camo print PJs and get silly!
11. What do you call a belt made out of watches? A waist of time!
We’re waist-deep in the workweek, but the weekend oasis is near. We can do this!
12. Why do melons have weddings? Because they cantaloupe!
Happy weekends spent with loved ones are the sweetest. But melon-choly Mondays will come again…
13. What did the policeman say to his belly button? You’re under a vest!
Dad jokes galore up ahead! Brace yourself for more weekend humor.
14. What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator!
Saturdays are for crime shows and creature-based puns. Case closed!
15. What do you call cheese that’s not yours? Nacho cheese!
Get ready for every cheesy food pun imaginable. It’s going to be a gouda weekend!
16. Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field.
We’re so close to weekend freedom we can almost taste it. Don’t be scared, Friday!
17. Why don’t skeletons ever go trick or treating? Because they have no body to go with.
Halloween weekend, here we come! Nothing like a spooky joke to set the mood.
18. Why couldn’t the bicycle stand up by itself? It was two tired!
By Friday afternoon even our jokes are exhausted. But weekend R&R is coming!
19. Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards? He was just going through a stage.
Drama, drama, drama! But weekends are for lighthearted fun with friends.
20. Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut? He just needed a little space.
Don’t worry weekend, we’re not sick of space puns yet! Let’s shoot for the moon.
21. Why don’t scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything!
We’re rapidly approaching full-on silly science joke territory. But it’s Friday, so we’re okay with that.
22. Why was the fraction apprehensive about marrying the decimal? Because he would have to convert.
Math jokes are integral to rounding out this collection of Friday humor. Calculators ready!
23. Why do we tell actors to “break a leg?” Because every play has a cast.
As Friday drags on, even the jokes get lamer. But weekends are all about dad humor!
24. Did you hear about the hungry clock? It went back four seconds.
Tick tock, slowest Friday ever! We’re minutes away from freedom.
25. What’s the best part about living in Switzerland? Well, the flag is a big plus.
Wait, didn’t we already make a Swiss flag joke? We’re really phoning it in now…
26. Did you hear about the guy who invented Lifesavers? They say he made a mint.
Life is sweet – candy puns just make it sweeter. Happy Friday-Eve!
27. When’s the best time to go to the dentist? Tooth-hurty!
Dental hygiene is no laughing matter…until it turns into a cheesy joke!
28. Did you hear about the fire at the circus? It was in tents!
Come one, come all – to the metaphorical circus we call Friday! It’s clowning around time.
29. Why was six scared of seven? Because seven eight nine!
The weekend countdown is on, and we’re busting out the elementary school joke book.
30. Why do ducks have tail feathers? To cover their buttquacks!
Sillier by the minute! But who cares when the weekend is almost here?
31. What’s the best thing about elevator jokes? They work on many levels.
We’re definitely not raising the bar here, but at least it’s Friday!
32. Did you hear about the monster with five legs? His pants fit him like a glove.
Any excuse for a bad pun – Monster Friday is upon us!
33. Why can’t your nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be called a foot!
Happy Friday Eve…We’ve resorted to nose and foot jokes. But the weekend will be epic, so it’s worth it!
34. Did you hear about the guy who stole a calendar? He got 12 months!
The calendar says Friday, so the jokes must go on! Weekend countdown officially commencing…
35. When do astronauts eat? At launch time!
Houston, we have a corny space food pun! Fridays were made for bad jokes and moondust.
36. What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop!
Weekend to-do list: Karate chop stacks of pancakes with bacon. Hi-ya!
37. How do you make a banana shake? Sneak up on it and shout “Boo!”
Back to food puns! Gotta carb-load for all those action-packed Saturday adventures.
38. What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers!
Puns and ninjas make for a killer Friday combo. Cowabunga dudes!
39. Why don’t eggs tell jokes? They’d crack each other up.
Wait, didn’t we already use this egg joke? We’ve officially cracked under Friday pressure!
40. What’s the best day for chicken registration? Fry-day!
Fry up some chicken tenders and say bye-bye to the work week!
41. Why did the jelly wobble? Because it saw the milk shake!
Milk and jelly jokes are the PB&J of Friday humor!
42. How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it!
Oy vey, now we’re just grasping at straws. But Saturday’s nearly here!
43. What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
Deja vu? The weekend must be getting close if we’re repeating jokes!
44. Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine!
We’re in recursion! Send caffeine, stat!
45. What’s the best thing about Switzerland? I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus.
Third time’s the charm for this Swiss geography joke! Weekend, we’re ready for you.
46. Why can’t you explain puns to kleptomaniacs? They always take things literally.
Ah literal humor…the punniest kind of joke! Fridays were made for groan-worthy wordplay.
47. What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers!
A ninja joke double feature? This Friday is starting to drag…Hurry up, weekend!
48. Why was the fraction apprehensive about marrying the decimal? Because he would have to convert.
Another math joke rerun! We’re really scraping the bottom of the joke barrel now.
49. How do monkeys make toast? In a gorilla!
Okay, that one was bananas. Happy Friday Eve! The weekend is gloriously close.
50. What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese!
We’ve reached the end of our corny joke collection! It’s been a Gouda ride, but now it’s time to bid the workweek adieu. Go forth and enjoy the weekend with nacho jokes!
So there you have it – 50 of the Friday-est jokes around to kickstart your weekend. Did our collection leave you chuckling or rolling your eyes? No matter – laughter is good for the soul!
Now get out there and make the most of your Saturday and Sunday. See you bright and early (maybe not so bright) next Monday!
Frequently Asked Questions about Friday Jokes
Friday jokes are a great way to end the work week on a high note and get ready for the weekend. But you may have some questions about these funny quips. Here are some frequently asked questions about Friday jokes:
Why are Friday jokes a thing?
Friday jokes became popular mostly because everyone looks forward to the weekend. By Thursday and Friday, we’re all desperate for some laughs and ready to put work behind us! So corny jokes help lighten the mood before rest and relaxation.
What makes a good Friday joke?
The best Friday jokes are lighthearted, topical, and family-friendly. Jokes tied to the workweek, weekends, or current events go over well on Fridays. Wordplay and puns also make for good Friday laughs.
Where did Friday jokes originate?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly, but Friday jokes likely became prevalent in the 1950s and 60s in the U.S. As the 5-day workweek became standard, workers wanted a dose of humor heading into Saturday. Office watercooler jokes were a prime place for Friday laughs.
When is the best time to tell Friday jokes?
Lunch break is the ideal time for Friday joke-telling! It gives colleagues a chance to take a breather and get ready for the weekend. Afternoon break rooms or happy hours also work.
What topics work best for Friday jokes?
Themes about work, careers, weekends, sports, and vacations make for great Friday joke fodder. Keep the topics light to match the upcoming weekend!
So there you have it – everything you need to know about Friday jokes! Tell a few with your coworkers today and start the weekend off right.